Do you know there’s extra to Walt Disney World Resort than simply the hidden Mickeys across the parks? The enjoyable silhouettes of Mickey Mouse are enjoyable to seek out, however they aren’t the one Easter eggs Imagineers have slipped in between the rides and eating places.
What different tucked-away particulars does Disney World provide? Right here’s a peek at 15 of our favourite hidden and bizarre secrets and techniques!
1. Come upon a payphone within the Primary Road Hat Store? Choose it up and pay attention! You might hear a dialog between a few of your favourite Disney characters.
2. Liberty Sq. is actually its personal attention-grabbing spot to take a look at – particularly contemplating that we have now a couple of factors behind this one. Imagineers actually did their greatest to make it really feel like a bit of early America. All the “houses” have a two-digit tackle on the entrance. For those who had been so as to add 18 earlier than these two numbers, you’ll discover the 12 months that the structure model was widespread.
The oak tree that acts as a centerpiece for the sq. is hung with 13 lanterns representing the 13 unique colonies. (I extremely suggest checking it out at evening – it’s actually fairly to see!)
As you cross the bridge from the Hub into Liberty Sq., take a second to cease and take a look at the rocks on both facet. These weren’t taken from simply anyplace – they had been mined from a quarry about six miles away from the place George Washington crossed the Delaware.
3. Passing by the Haunted Mansion after darkish might earn you a glimpse of a few of the completely happy haunts taking part in round in an upper-floor window. The sunshine within the window isn’t at all times on, although, so you might have to attend round for a bit. Moreover, for you Haunted Mansion lovers, the busts within the queue with the reason for loss of life underneath them are a riddle asking company to determine who killed whom. There’s no prize for determining the riddle itself – just a few good, ol’-fashioned (morbid) theme-park enjoyable.
4. I believe this one undoubtedly counts within the “weird” class. Whereas on It’s a Small World, look to your proper in the course of the Mexico sequence. The happiest cruise on Earth pays homage to the noble occupation of the hen choker… not essentially the audio-animatronic you’d affiliate with the journey.
5. Have a dream of blasting off into house? You can also make that dream a actuality on Epcot’s Mission: Area. After touchdown safely again on Earth, you may also let all of your family and friends know that this attraction apparently makes use of extra pc energy than NASA’s precise house shuttles did. This enjoyable truth feels a little bit out-of-this-world, however depart it to Disney to out-space NASA at their very own recreation (at the least, so far as computer systems go).
6. Though not essentially a secret, the pathways of Future World are one thing attention-grabbing to notice nonetheless. After the solar units, tiny lights within the floor gentle up by fiber optics. They aren’t actually noticeable till you’re standing on sure elements of the trail, so look carefully.
7. Somewhat thirsty? You may pattern sodas from all over the world at Membership Cool sponsored by Coke – it’s free! Simply watch out about Beverly from Italy – we hear it’s a once-in-a-lifetime expertise.
8. Aerosmith followers, you’re in luck! There’s a special Aerosmith monitor in every Rock ‘n Roller Coaster limo, and if you’re one of many chosen few to journey within the “Love in an Elevator” automobile, the lyrics change to “love in a roller coaster” on the finish.
9. If The Twilight Zone is extra your pace, this subsequent one generally is a bit unnerving to identify. Look to the suitable of the elevator simply earlier than you enter The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror’s journey automobile – there’s an inspection certification, and the identify of the inspector is Cadwallader. Twilight fanatics will acknowledge the identify as a personality from the episode “Escape Clause” who seems to be the satan.
10. Suppose you or somebody you realize is the subsequent Disney Imagineer? You may have lunch with one at The Hollywood Brown Derby and ask all of them your questions on innovation!
11. Suppose you’re seeing a whole lot of the quantity 498? You most likely are, particularly on freeway indicators round DinoLand, USA or the show truck parked inside Animal Kingdom with a “498” license plate quantity! 498 is a reference to Animal Kingdom’s April 1998 opening date.
12. Visiting in the course of summer season and in search of a spot to chill off? Likelihood is everybody else has had the identical concept and is in line for Kali River Rapids, however you possibly can head on over to the Dawa Bar and discover the rusty bathe heads. They’re not simply there for impact – they actually do pump out refreshing, chilly water!
13. Preserve your eyes peeled for DiVine, a strolling piece of shrubbery come to life, in Asia. Be prepared, as she’s very simple to overlook as a result of she blends into the encompassing foliage so completely.
14. Ever surprise what all of the prayer flags and scarves all through the bushes in Asia are for? The flags signify messages of energy, knowledge, peace, and compassion, whereas the scarves pay homage to family members who’ve departed.
15. As you exit Avatar Flight of Passage, don’t miss the three purple hand prints! These had been stamped by James Cameron, the director of the originating Avatar movie, Jon Landau, the producer, and Joe Rohde, lead Imagineer for Pandora and all of Animal Kingdom.
If there’s one factor Disney has mastered most of all, it’s the little particulars that always imply essentially the most and that proceed to shock us at Walt Disney World. Preserve a watch out for these little sights and sounds which were added to the parks, and, maybe, you’ll discover a couple of of your very personal!
Did we skip over one among your favourite hidden, bizarre, or secret spots? Tell us at our Disney World Neighborhood Fb group.
And likewise remember to observe Orlando Informer on Fb, Twitter, and Instagram for the newest information and ideas at Common Orlando, Walt Disney World, and different Orlando locations.