Brief on time? Right here’s the perfect free Android antivirus in 2021:
- Avira: Supplies real-time malware safety, anti-theft safety, a privateness scanner, system clean-up instruments, app locking, community scanning, and a restricted VPN all 100% free. Get Avira’s free Android antivirus now.
I examined the entire free antivirus apps within the Google Play Retailer — after weeks of testing, I solely discovered a number of merchandise which I’m assured can preserve Androids well-protected towards malware.
Many of the free Android antivirus apps I examined had been ineffective towards malware, crammed with annoying adverts, or falsely marketed as free — lots of “free” apps are actually simply free trials or restricted variations of the premium apps. Some had been even pretend apps designed to reap person information!
Whereas I did discover a number of good free apps, no free app goes to offer the entire safety instruments you have to preserve your Android 100% protected. Should you’re on the lookout for an antivirus that may absolutely shield you and your gadgets, you’ll want a premium product (I like to recommend Norton’s implausible Android app).
However if you happen to solely want primary safety, there are a number of free Android antivirus apps which might be fairly good — providing free real-time or on-demand virus scanning, free anti-theft protections, and a handful of excellent additional options to strengthen your Android’s cellular safety.
Right here’s a abstract of the perfect free Android antivirus apps in 2021:
- 1. Avira — Greatest free Android antivirus in 2021.
- 2. McAfee — Wonderful antivirus with anti-theft options and a Wi-Fi scanner.
- 3. BullGuard — Cloud-based antivirus with a privateness monitor and anti-theft.
- 4. Panda Dome — Good malware scanner with Android smartwatch compatibility.
- 5. Kaspersky — Intuitive app with a great scanner (however no real-time safety).
- Bonus. Traced — Privateness-focused app with a great Wi-Fi community scanner.
- Incessantly Requested Questions on Antivirus Apps for Android.
How I Rated the Greatest Free Antivirus Apps for Android:
- 100% free. Many antivirus corporations attempt to trick customers with a free trial. Customers get snug utilizing the app after which overlook that they should cancel earlier than the trial is over, in order that they find yourself paying. If you understand you’re going to purchase a cellular antivirus from a good firm, a free trial is a good way to check out the service before you purchase it. In any other case, it’s only a advertising and marketing tactic to get you to obtain the app and hope that you simply overlook to cancel earlier than the trial interval is over. All of my prime 5 free antiviruses right here are literally free.
- Safety. I downloaded a whole lot of Android-specific malware information, sketchy apps, and even ransomware information to make sure that the antivirus apps I like to recommend are capable of detect and take away all forms of malware. I additionally examined web safety features like anti-phishing safety and Wi-Fi scanners to make sure these merchandise can preserve Androids protected from the most recent web-based threats.
- Efficiency. Nothing is worse than a safety app that drains your battery and kills your Android’s efficiency. I made positive the entire apps I like to recommend can improve your safety with out crashing your cellphone or pill.
- Ease of use. I examined every characteristic to make sure that these apps make their options straightforward to entry and perceive for all customers. All the apps on this checklist additionally present good integration with Android OS and Chrome OS.
High Manufacturers That Didn’t Make the Minimize:
There are lots of antivirus apps for Android that didn’t make it into my prime 5. Listed below are a number of well-known manufacturers you could have been anticipating to see on this checklist:
- Norton. Norton’s Android antivirus is top-of-the-line and most reasonably priced choices on the market. However Norton doesn’t provide a free plan. Nonetheless, if you’d like premium safety to your cell phone or pill, it doesn’t get higher than Norton.
- TotalAV. TotalAV affords a great set of free options for Android, however it lacks real-time malware safety. Nonetheless, TotalAV’s paid Android antivirus consists of some fairly good options, together with real-time safety, app locking, and a safe VPN.
- Bitdefender. I actually love Bitdefender’s full-scale antivirus suite, however its free Android app is barely a easy antivirus scanner. Whereas it’s very easy to make use of, it’s simply not higher than the remainder of the merchandise on this checklist.
- Avast/AVG. There are a number of evaluate websites which might be nonetheless recommending Avast and AVG, however SafetyDetectives is just not certainly one of them. Whereas Avast and AVG preserve a widespread net presence, they had been implicated in some fairly critical privateness violations. You possibly can go right here to learn extra concerning the full story of how they had been secretly promoting person information.
1. Avira Antivirus Safety for Android — Greatest Free Antivirus for Android in 2021
Avira Antivirus Safety for Android is my prime free Android antivirus in 2021 — it has a wonderful virus detection and elimination engine together with a variety of extra safety features, all inside an intuitive dashboard.
Throughout my checks, I attempted to obtain an enormous vary of Android malware samples to my Samsung Galaxy S20 — together with viruses, trojans, and spy ware. All the malware information had been detected, blocked, and faraway from my cellphone — and since Avira’s scanner is cloud-based, there was little or no pressure on my battery life or system assets.
Along with real-time malware safety, Avira’s free Android app offers much more options than every other competitor, together with:
- Anti-theft safety.
- App privateness scanner.
- VPN (100 MB each day restrict).
- App lock.
- Information breach scanner.
- Wi-Fi scanner.
- Machine optimizer.
Avira’s anti-theft options are actually helpful — after logging into Avira’s on-line dashboard, I used to be capable of monitor my cellphone’s location in actual time whereas my companion took it for a drive round our neighborhood. I used to be additionally capable of set off a alarm.
Avira’s privateness scanner is absolutely good, too. It analyzed the entire apps on my system and notified me which of them had entry to my contacts, pictures, and shopping information. I used to be fairly shocked to seek out some free video games on my system had been really harvesting my information even after I wasn’t taking part in them!
Avira’s free plan is by far the perfect in the marketplace, however it does have some limitations — like most free Android antiviruses, it doesn’t present anti-phishing safety. To get anti-phishing safety in addition to microphone and digital camera safety, you have to improve to Avira . There’s additionally Avira which provides a safe password supervisor and a VPN with limitless shopping information. Avira’s premium cellular protections are additionally all bundled with the superb Avira antivirus bundle, which affords protection for as much as 5 gadgets, together with Android, Home windows, macOS, and iOS.
Avira offers essentially the most options of any free Android antivirus — and so they’re all superb, straightforward to make use of, and work as promised. Avira’s antivirus scanner detected the entire malware samples in my testing, and its anti-theft protections, app privateness scanner, and Wi-Fi scanner are all actually good web safety instruments. I like Avira’s VPN loads, however 100 MB is a fairly small each day restrict. Along with these free instruments, Avira’s paid cellular plans additionally add anti-phishing safety, a VPN with no limitations, and even a password supervisor. Avira’s paid plans all have a risk-free 30-day money-back assure.
Obtain Avira for Free Now
2. McAfee Cellular Safety Free — Wonderful Antivirus Safety with the Greatest Android Theft Safety
McAfee affords some nice free options — however I significantly love McAfee’s theft safety instruments. McAfee’s anti-theft options could be accessed from McAfee’s handy on-line dashboard — in case your cellphone will get misplaced or stolen, McAfee offers the next instruments:
- CaptureCam — After 3 failed PIN codes, CaptureCam takes a selfie from the front-facing digital camera.
- Alarm — Should you lose your system, you may set off a really loud alarm by way of your on-line dashboard.
- Distant wiping — In case your system will get stolen, you may remotely delete your delicate information.
- GPS location — Should you can’t discover your system, you may see it on a map with the system’s GPS.
McAfee’s free antivirus app additionally features a good array of extra options, together with real-time malware safety, Wi-Fi community scanning, system optimization instruments, and an app privateness scanner that’s much like Avira’s. I used to be impressed with all of McAfee’s options, though throughout my checks McAfee missed one spy ware app that Avira detected.
McAfee’s free Android plan is fairly good, however it lacks among the essential options which might be included in McAfee’s paid plans — McAfee provides anti-phishing safety, app locking instruments, and file backup instruments. And McAfee additionally has a VPN (no limits) and a complicated ad-blocker.
Whereas McAfee’s paid Android plans are a bit costlier than some rivals’ premium apps, if you happen to bundle the Android antivirus app with certainly one of McAfee’s 2-year plans (as much as 10 gadgets throughout all working techniques), it’s one of many best-value antivirus packages of 2021.
McAfee’s free antivirus appprovides real-time malware scanning, Wi-Fi community monitoring, app privateness studies, and the perfect anti-theft options in the marketplace. The distant alarm and automated selfie seize characteristic are tremendous straightforward to entry, customise, and use from McAfee’s on-line dashboard. McAfee’s free app isn’t unhealthy, however it doesn’t present entry to some essential options — together with anti-phishing or a VPN, each of which include McAfee’s premium Android antivirus app. All McAfee paid plans have a 30-day money-back assure.
Obtain McAfee for Free Now
3. BullGuard Cellular Safety & Antivirus Free — Good Cloud-Primarily based Antivirus Safety
BullGuard offers low-impact cloud-based antivirus scanning in addition to good anti-theft options. In my testing, BullGuard was capable of block the overwhelming majority of malware I attempted to obtain onto my Samsung Galaxy, together with viruses, spy ware, adware, and trackware information. And since BullGuard’s scanner absolutely operates within the cloud, BullGuard didn’t drain my cellphone’s battery like most different merchandise did.
BullGuard’s anti-theft instruments are fairly good, too. You possibly can lock, wipe, and find your system, in addition to set off a loud scream from BullGuard’s on-line dashboard. Nonetheless, the system locator wasn’t as correct as Avira’s, and BullGuard’s scream characteristic wasn’t almost as loud or scary as McAfee’s.
BullGuard’s free app additionally affords automated system locking in case your SIM card is eliminated, in addition to Wi-Fi community scanning and information backup choices.
BullGuard’s Premium Cellular Safetysoftware program additionally offers robust parental controls — permitting mother and father to remotely monitor images which might be despatched and obtained, present which apps every little one has downloaded, and monitor system location. Customers can even individually buy BullGuard’s VPN.
BullGuard’s free Android antivirus is an effective app — it’s obtained cloud-based virus scanning, respectable anti-theft options, and a Wi-Fi scanner. BullGuard detected nearly each single piece of malware on my system, together with spy ware and data-stealing apps. BullGuard’s premium Android antivirus provides some fairly good parental controls. There’s a 30-day money-back assure on BullGuard’s paid plans.
Obtain BullGuard for Free Now
4. Panda Dome Free Antivirus for Android — Good Antivirus Scanning with Nice Smartwatch Compatibility
Panda Dome Free Antivirus for Android affords respectable antivirus safety, anti-theft options, an app privateness scanner, and a VPN — and most of those options could be operated remotely from an Android Put on smartwatch!
Panda’s real-time scanner didn’t block as many malware information as Avira or McAfee, however it did detect most malware samples, together with all ransomware and spy ware — and I obtained notifications on my smartwatch each time Panda detected a brand new piece of malware.
Panda additionally consists of anti-theft options like distant location monitoring, information wipe, and system locking. Nonetheless, its distant selfie cam and alarm options are solely obtainable within the paid model of Panda
Panda additionally comes with a freeVPN, however it solely consists of 150 MB per day, which is barely sufficient for mild shopping. To get the limitless model of the VPN, you have to improve to Panda’s complete Panda antivirus suite.
Panda;s free Android antivirus app offers real-time malware scanning, anti-theft instruments, and handy compatibility with Android smartwatches. I preferred having the ability to carry out malware scans, wipe information remotely, and even monitor my system’s location from my smartwatch. Nonetheless, you’ll must improve to Panda’s paid Android plan to get distant selfie seize and alarm instruments, together with a spam blocker and app locking instruments. Customers trying to get a VPN with limitless information ought to contemplate the Panda antivirus bundle.
Obtain Panda Dome Free for Android Now