Asserting: 7stacks – stacks for 7 (freeware)
I am a frequent lurker to this discussion board, so wished to put up this right here first. Simply letting you that I’ve simply launched a free app for Home windows 7 referred to as 7stacks. It is simply what it says: its stacks for 7.
As an alternative of recreating the OSX stack look (just like the fan), I made it use Aero to extra carefully resemble 7’s feel and look. It will possibly show the contents of a folder as a vertical stack, a grid, or a cascading menu. It additionally has “in-stack” looking of subfolders like in Snow Leopard.
It additionally will get across the issues of utilizing a number of stacks on the dock that apps like StandaloneStack have bother with, the place you must fiddle and rejigger with EXEs and shortcuts. 7stacks lets you have got as much as 10 stacks on the taskbar w/ no reconfiguring. It makes use of 10 an identical EXEs and checks the Taskbar folder to see which EXEs are getting used.
Oh, and it makes use of Home windows 7 Jumplists to make it simpler to create new stacks. Excellent-click on any stack, and you will see a Jumplist entry “Create a new stack.”
It really works on Vista and XP additionally, but it surely’s designed for Home windows 7. I will be including some extra options quickly, equivalent to picture previews, and many others.
And, like I mentioned, it is 100% free. Get pleasure from.
— AlastriaObserveModel 1.2 now out there for obtain right here. Modifications are:
- Added enhancing of stacks through JumpList entry. Observe: This solely works for stacks pinned to the Home windows 7 taskbar. Additionally, as soon as stacks have been pinned, they can’t be renamed (that is Microsoft’s fault .. do not blame me).
- Added JumpList entry to browse the stack as a Menu (no matter the kind of stack it’s).
- Added file and folder captions to Grid objects.
- Added file and folder info to the trace home windows of Grid objects.
- Mounted velocity of icon retrieval. Looking giant folders ought to now be virtually instantaneous. Testing discovered that one small space of code was the choke level slowing issues down.
- Added optionally available picture thumbnails of BMPs, GIFs, JPGs, and PNGs when in Grid mode. This slows down the looking of enormous folders of photographs, so every stack can select to have this on or not.
- Added white-on-black textual content, and accompanying desire. White-on-black appears like a extra typical “shadow” of white textual content, very similar to Home windows icons. Black-on-white is the textual content because it appeared in earlier variations.
- Added slide in/out animation, and accompanying desire. With animation turned on, Stacks and Grids will do a cool “fade and slide” from whichever aspect of the display the taskbar is on. That is harking back to OS X.
- Added show of file extensions on all information besides shortcuts (.lnk).
- Added possibility to show off file extension show for any specific stack.
- Added multi-monitor assist. All 7stacks home windows will now seem on whichever display the mouse is at the moment on.
- Added fast choice of Home windows’ Particular Folders (equivalent to “My Documents” or “Start Menu”) when creating a brand new stack. Click on the “SF” button to see an inventory of all particular folders. As soon as you choose a particular folder, you may click on the “…” button subsequent to that to drill down into that folder additional.
- Added a pop-down affirmation when creating or enhancing a stack.
- Mounted unsorted file/folder contents when looking community shares. All information and folders are actually sorted alphabetically previous to show.
- Mounted issues with stacks pointing to drives, equivalent to C:.
For a whole checklist of what is been modified, go right here.
Newest: 1.5 Beta 2
7stacks | Alastria Software program
Final edited by Airbot; 26 Feb 2012 at 20:06.
Cause: Copied Up to date model data and hyperlink