Nyan Cat Progress Bar
Nyan Cat Progress Bar is an app that shows the Nyan Cat excessive of progress bars in Home windows. One of the best ways to explain it’s a screenshot:
I discovered a thread on Reddit asking for somebody to develop a mod for Home windows that changed progress bars with Nyan Cat. Since Prompt Elevator Music does various what this hypothetical app would do (ie. it finds progress bars, and performs music), I believed that modifying it to have the ability to show a Nyan Cat on high of a progress bar can be pretty straight-forward.
Nyan Cat Progress Bar is mainly a particular launch of Prompt Elevator Music with lots of the options eliminated (ie. no playlists, altering music, assist for splash screens, and so on.) however with the addition of the show of the Nyan Cat.
Tips on how to use it
Pretty-Vital Notice: Nyan Cat Progress Bar would not work correctly on Home windows XP (see under for extra data). In case you’re nonetheless working XP, you may need to think about upgrading to Home windows 7.
- Obtain the Nyan Cat Progress Bar from right here
Newest model: 18.104.22.168 (up to date 12/7/2011)
SHA-1 hash: 464f4cef5720faa5e1bf4c5698ea6eee6509ea00
- Extract the ZIP file to a folder.
- Run NyanCatProgressBar.exe
- Strive copying some information in Home windows Explorer. 🙂
What apps does it work with?
For the reason that Nyan Cat Progress Bar will depend on the progress bar being an ordinary Home windows progress bar (ie. not a custom-drawn one, or a non-native one), it will not work with each progress bar in your system, however I’ve no less than confirmed it really works with Home windows Explorer for file copies. If you wish to hear music when you anticipate extra apps, attempt Prompt Elevator Music as a substitute: it has assist for lots extra apps because it would not rely upon having the ability to get the progress from the progress bar you are .
Some apps I’ve seen it work with are: WinZip, 7-Zip, Audacity, and Home windows DVD Maker, nevertheless it ought to work with another apps too.
How can I flip it off?
There are a number of methods you possibly can silence the Nyan Cat:
- Proper-click the Nyan Cat Progress Bar icon in your system tray (close to the clock) and select Silence! to cease the Nyan Cat from robotically activating.
- If you do not need a selected program to activate the Nyan Cat, you possibly can right-click the Nyan Cat Progress Bar icon and select “Ignore (application name)”. You too can add applications to the ignore checklist within the Settings dialog.
- If you do not need Nyan Cat to activate when you’re listening to music in both iTunes or Winamp, you possibly can right-click the Nyan Cat Progress Bar icon, select Settings, after which tick the “Don’t show Nyan Cat if I’m listening to music in iTunes or Winamp” checkbox.
The place is the music / animation from?
- The music is by daniWellP: http://aidn.papiness.com
- The animation is by prguitarman: http://www.prguitarman.com/index.php?id=348
I might prefer to hope that this utilization of each of those items of media is roofed by the Honest Use (or comparable) provisions of your native copyright legal guidelines, however when you’re a copyright holder and also you’re sad with my utilization, please electronic mail me a Stop and Desist and I will take it down.
Are you able to make it work with <program identify>?
In all probability not. Nyan Cat Progress Bar takes benefit of normal Home windows progress bars and their potential to reply to messages that allow different apps question the worth of the progress bar. In case your app would not work with it, then it is not responding to those messages, so it is most likely not an ordinary progress bar.
Why does it crash as quickly as I open it?
Be sure you unzip the archive right into a folder first, so it will possibly discover the DLL information that include it.
Hey, I ran it and it performs the music however would not present Nyan Cat? What provides?
The Nyan Cat will solely present itself when this system with the progress bar is the foreground window. So, when you do not see the Nyan Cat, attempt clicking on the window that has the progress bar.
Y U NO WORK WITH WINDOWS XP?
It appears to be a bug within the animation code. Generally on Home windows XP it is going to draw the Nyan Cat with an enormous blue field round it. Nonetheless, for some folks it really works completely high-quality on Home windows XP, so your mileage might range.
How do I uninstall it?
There isn’t a uninstaller for Nyan Cat Progress Bar: all it’s important to do is exit this system (right-click the Nyan Cat icon and select Exit), after which delete the Nyan Cat Progress Bar information. It would not set up itself to anyplace else on the system.
In case you set the Nyan Cat Progress Bar to run at startup, and also you delete it, you may get an error subsequent time you log in to Home windows. You may repair this by:
- Clicking on the Begin button
- Copying and pasting the next textual content into the Search field (with out the citation marks):
“reg delete HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun /v NyanCatProgressBar”
and urgent Enter.
- Sort Sure when prompted.
I’ve one other query…
Please electronic mail me right here, or tweet at me right here.